Construction and Neighborhood Services Frequently Asked Questions
    Is this the same as a Building and Zoning Department?
  • Yes, we process all building and zoning matters for the City of McHenry.
  • Where is your department located in City Hall?
  • Construction and Neighborhood Services is located on the second floor.
  • Can I pay for my building permit with a credit card?
  • Yes all legal forms of payment are accepted.
  • Can I fill out the permit application online and apply electronically?
  • No, unfortunately due to the wide range of documentation required for each permit application, we cannot accept them electronically.
  • Where can I find information on the pet ordinance?
  • Look in Chapter 6 of the City's Municipal Code.